Wednesday October 14th, 2020
COVID-19 Update to our Valued Members
Dear Members & Guests,
Every year in November Members Loyalty points that you earn for purchases around the Club expire. Not this year! We have decided that, due to the length of time we were closed and the limited trading we can now provide, that your points will remain on your cards for you to enjoy until mid-2021. We will advise closer to the date of a new expiry time.
You may have heard over the last few days about the easing of restrictions to allow 1 person per 2 square metres for outdoor venues, as opposed to the current 1 person per 4 square metres for both inside and out. Unfortunately, here at NBC Sports Club, this does not allow us to increase our offerings in our outdoor areas for the following reasons.
- 5 Metres must remain in place for distancing between tables and separate groups of patrons and we already have as much furniture in place in all areas, both inside and out, as this allows.
- The current Covid – 19 NSW Health plan does not allow “Co-Mingling” between areas and separate groups of people
- Frequent movement between areas is not allowed and examples of this would be the movement of people from the Kids Backyard area to our toilet facilities, bistro and bars.
- People must be seated when eating or consuming beverages.
Again today, as we update you there has been an increase in Covid Cases across Sydney that had led NSW Heath and the Premier to advise that the further easing of restrictions relating to venues such as ours are now on hold.
This means, as it has for some time now, that the following restrictions still apply;
- Bookings of more than 10 people are not allowed.
- Groups of more than 10 people are not allowed to enter the club.
- Functions such as Kids parties, Birthdays celebrations of all ages, Christmas parties and many other varieties are not allowed, unless they are deemed to be of a corporate nature with the company holding and ABN
Therefore, to adhere to the current restrictions and to maintain health and safety for our staff and members, the Kids Backyard, functions, and all promotions such as raffles and live music will remain on hold and will be reviewed on a month to month basis, or as restrictions are eased.
Our bar, dining and gaming facilities remain open, clean and safe, and we encourage you to come and enjoy these facilities and support your local Club.
NBC Sports Club continues to be committed to our community and in an effort to reduce the spread of Coronavirus (COVID19), we remind you to do your part by –
- Always follow the instructions of our Covid Marshals and other staff.
- Avoiding unnecessary contact with other patrons by practicing social distancing at all times,
- Sanitising and washing hands regularly,
- Coughing and sneezing into your elbow,
- At all times remaining seated whilst eating or drinking and at all other times where practical,
- Self-isolating if feeling unwell or if you have attended any of the locations listed by NSW Health which can be found at https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates
Your temperature may be checked upon entry and you will be asked if you have attended any Covid affected venues. If your temperature is high or you have attended one of the listed venues, you will be refused entry and it is recommended you seek health advice at this time.
It is not our intention to offend any member or guest, but to ensure the safety of our staff and all patrons that enter the Club.
NBC Sports Club Management relies on NSW Health for advice regarding Covid19 and will update our members with any further information we receive, including if there are any further outbreaks locally.
Thank you again for your support and cooperation and again please stay safe!